(warning...clicking the above link will take you away from this page...I suggest "right clicking" and then clicking "open in new window". ENJOY!)
Okay, so I've discovered an "old" song that I need to share. It's an incredible song of servitude. It's a song that epitomizes what it is to truly walk beside someone when their faith is shaky. So many times I have experienced a couple of steps with someone who thought a quick-fix would turn everything around only to be hurt even more deeply, and have my faith even shakier, when they quit walking and instead went where maybe it was "easier." I've even had incredible, Godly women basically tell me I just needed to suck it up when I asked how they made it through the early baby years. I've learned so much from these very women ~ I've had the emotional response to be able to create postcards and cards and poetry saying what I longed for someone else to say to me when I was surrounded by gray and darkness. But I never could write a song....probably because I have no song-writing ability...but maybe it's because Bebo Norman wrote exactly what I would have written.
I found a webpage that quoted an interview with Bebo about this song. Here is what he said: “A young woman that I love dearly was recently in a very difficult hopeless place in her life. A close friend asked her if she had faith that God would bring her through her pain. Her answer was very honest, ‘No. I wish that I did, but I don’t seem to have the faith to believe that right now.’ Our friend replied to her, ‘Borrow mine. Borrow my faith, because I am sharing your pain with you, and I am certain that our God is in this and will grow you through this.’ She found so much strength and courage in that response. What a beautiful real life picture of the body of Christ and our command from God to ‘carry each other’s burdens and in this way fulfill the law of Christ.’ (Galatians 6:2)
Here are the lyrics ~ read them and pray that God would bring to mind someone who needs to borrow yours for a while...even if that means a few miles instead of steps.
Take my hand
And walk with me awhile
Because it seems your smile
Has left you
And don't give in
When you fall apart
And your broken heart
Has failed you
I'll set a light up
On a hilltop
To show you my love
For this world to see
You can borrow mine
When your hope is gone
You can borrow mine
When you can't go on
Cause the world will not defeat you
When we're side by side
When your faith is hard to find
You can borrow mine
You can borrow mine
And take my love
When all that you can see
Is the raging sea
All around us
And don't give up
Cause I'm not letting go
And the God we know
Will not fail us
We'll lay it all down
As we call out
Sweet Savior
Help our unbelief
You can borrow mine
When your hope is gone
Borrow mine
When you can't go on
Cause the world will not defeat you
When we're side by side
When your faith is hard to find
You can borrow mine
When you are weak
Unable to speak
You are not alone
God of us, save us
And never forsake us
He's coming to take us
Take us to our home
You can borrow mine
When your hope is gone
Borrow mine
When you can't go on
Cause the world will not defeat you
When we're side by side
When your faith is hard to find
When your faith is hard to find
You can borrow mine
You can borrow mine
Take my hand
Take my love
Don't give in, no
And don't give up
*******
Before I go, I want to thank those people in my life who have let me "borrow theirs" when I wondered where God was...Tami ~ my incredible sister; Mom ~ a woman I am proud to rise and call blessed; Donna ~ a friend beyond words; Tara ~ my "tell-it-like-it-is-and-take-no-crap" blessing from God; Molly, Trisha, Sheila, Angie,and all my MOMS Leadership Bible Study brave women ~ I love your Mary Spirits!; Tammy; David & Dawn; Uncle Jim & Aunt Dee; Dad ~ in your own special way you reminded me of the beauty of Christ that surrounds me everyday...sometimes in the strangest of places; Pastor Bill ~ for the best words ever written in a birthday card you win the prize! 30 was so much easier because of you; ...there are so many more...I know I can't name all of you, but you know who you are. I thank you and pray that you will receive back what you've given tenfold. God bless you all!
(whew! I feel like I've just won an award..."I'd like to thank the Academy..." HAHA!)
No comments:
Post a Comment